Join the Blackhawk Kids Volunteer Team!
Blackhawk Kids volunteers help make Sundays the best hour of a kid’s week. Whether you connect in a small group, lead from the front, serve during the week, or greet new families on Sundays, you can be part of helping kids learn more about God in a way that’s just right for them.
Blackhawk Kids is always looking for people to join the team! To see a comprehensive list of all BKids ministries and serving opportunities, click here. Here are the top needs in Blackhawk Kids:
- Small Group/Activity Leader
- Room Leader & Large Group Host
- Welcome Team
Sunday – Small Group Leader
These volunteers connect with a small group of kids during a service hour. Small Group Leaders play, lead connection activities, participate in large group, and facilitate small group discussion and activities.
Sunday – Room Leader
These volunteers lead one room during a service hour and support other volunteers in the room. Room Leaders check in kids at the door, oversee the flow of a service hour, and may also lead large group teaching.
Sunday – Welcome Team
These volunteers are often families’ first interaction with Blackhawk Kids on Sundays. Welcome volunteers provide a warm presence in kids hallways on Sundays for new families, people with questions, and volunteers.
Sunday – Includer
These volunteers help make BKids a space where all children feel welcome and included on Sundays. Includers spend one-on-one time with a child with special needs during a service hour to help them engage with BKids programming.
Weekday Child Caregiver
These paid caregivers engage with children during Blackhawk Bible Study groups on Wednesday mornings to provide childcare while playing, teaching a Bible story, and assisting with crafts.
Behind the Scenes
These volunteers prep crafts and make sure rooms are ready for Sundays. The craft team is mostly remote, while the supply team serves on site.
We Love Our Volunteers
Without volunteers, Blackhawk Kids would not be able to safely open spaces and invite kids into learning more about God and how much He loves us. Because of that, we strive to love on and equip volunteers throughout their serving experience.
Ways we care for our volunteers:
- Snacks & Coffee | Located in the BKids Canteen or Volunteer Central space at your site before or after serving
- BKids+ | Bonus programming during the 10:45 service for children of BKids volunteers so parents can serve during one service and attend church during the other. BKids+ includes free play, snack, worship, and a bonus bible activity*
- Training | Initial training as you onramp into your role as well as ongoing training opportunities throughout the year
- Appreciation Events | Opportunities to connect with other volunteers and let our team appreciate you! Events include Volunteer Kickoff, Volunteer Appreciation Day & T-Shirt Giveaway, and Ice Cream Sundae Sunday
*BKids+ is currently only offered at our Brader Way location. To register your children for BKids+, email [email protected] with your child’s name and age.
Before serving for the very first time and annually when we kickoff a new ministry year, all volunteers must view training videos that address safety and security in Blackhawk Kids. These are required for serving.
These optional but strongly encouraged courses will equip you for your specific role in Blackhawk Kids. To access your online training course, click the button below and log in using your My Blackhawk account credentials.
Don't have an account?
Click here, click “Create Account,” enter the email address where you received this message, and follow the instructions to finish the creation process.