Middle School //
Madison Missions is a camp-like experience for students who have just completed sixth, seventh, and eighth grade. Our vision is to create a fun, Christ-centered, and service-focused experience, right here in Madison.
Join Us //
Camp-Like & Service-Focused
- Stay overnight at Blackhawk Brader Way from Sunday to Thursday.*
- Travel to service sites around the city like food pantry gardens, senior centers, and local schools.
- Spend the afternoon doing fun activities such as swimming, mini golf, and scavenger hunts.
- Serve alongside other students loving God, their city, and each other.
*A non-overnight option is available June 25-29.
- Week 1: June 11-15
- Week 2: June 25-29 (overnight and non-overnight options available)
- Week 3: July 16-20
- Week 4: July 30-August 3 – Waitlist >
Madison Missions //
Can my student participate in Madison Missions even if they don't normally attend Blackhawk Middle School Ministry activities?
Is there a maximum capacity for sign-ups? Can I sign up for more than one week?
Sign up for one week only. This makes room for additional participants.
How much does it cost & what does the cost cover?
Are there scholarships available?
Yes. If you would like to request a scholarship, this must happen BEFORE registering. Please fill out this form to confidentially request financial assistance. Once our team has reviewed the request, we will follow up with each family, providing a unique Promo Code to utilized when registering each student.
How can I give to the scholarship fund?
What is the cancellation policy?
Who are the adults who will be there?
Will food be provided?
Where do participants shower?
Where do participants sleep?
** Staying overnight forms a meaningful part of the week for most students. If this is not an accessible option for your student, June 25-29 offers an overnight or non-overnight option. Choose that week and select the “Non-overnight (sleep at home)” button on the registration form. We aim to make the overnight and non-overnight experiences very similar, from breakfast up until the time overnight students start getting ready for bed. Non-overnight students will get picked up late (approx. 9:30 PM), dropped off early (8 AM), and go to the shower site with their team. The price is the same for both options. We’re excited for June 25-29 to serve as a pilot program this summer to make Madison Missions more accessible to more families! We look forward to learning the effectiveness of this option with you.
Can my student leave during the week for soccer tryouts, a piano lesson, or a doctor’s appointment, etc.?
As a parent/guardian, how can I help?
volunteer your time or resources to help make the week happen. This is one of the ways that we can save on costs to keep the cost of the
program as low as possible each year.
- Sign up to bring food: After registering and as the summer approaches, we will send a sign-up link to families to bring items needed for dinner.
- Transportation: Most teams will use a van to get to service sites throughout the week. To keep costs down, we ask families to consider loaning their van for the week; otherwise, we rent the vans. We understand that this is a big ask and are happy to answer any questions you may have if you are considering it. Many times, your van can be exchanged for a leader’s car for the week.
- Admin Support: We would love to have a small team of folks who are interested in helping with administrative behind-the-scenes preparation for Madison Missions (For example: printing/assembling name tags, organizing t-shirts, etc.). The time commitment for this could be big or small – whatever works in your schedule.
- Join us as a Team Leader: Team Leaders are more than chaperones – they act as camp counselors to the students. Throughout Madison Missions they lead a team of 5-6 students. Each day they serve alongside their students and facilitate games and activities. They lead small-group discussions with the team, help the team to have a great week together, and encourage them to look for God in everything they do. Team Leaders lead their group of students with patience, understanding, prayer, leadership and a fun attitude.
If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please contact us at [email protected].