9th – 12th Grade //
High School Ministry
Helping High School Students Take the Next Step in Their Journey Toward Christ
Our desire is to offer a community that is open and accessible to all students no matter where they may be on the journey. Whether you’ve been here for a while or are brand new, we’re excited for you to join us!
Wednesdays | 7-9 PM
Community Groups (formerly known as Home Groups) are a space where students can laugh, connect, and have meaningful conversations about what matters most in life. Groups include time for both large group and small group connection. High School Community Groups are geographically based with the option to meet in-person either at a Blackhawk site or a site in Waunakee or Mount Horeb, or online.
Even if you’re unsure about Wednesday nights, filling out the sign up form is the best way to stay connected and up to date on all things HSM.
Asian American Student Ministry (AASM)
Fridays | 7:30-9:30 PM
AASM serves primarily Asian-American middle & high school students. It provides a culture-specific space where students can explore their identity through talking about common values and struggles with predominately Asian-American leaders. Anyone is welcome to be a part of AASM regardless of race or ethnicity, and no one is required to be part of it because of their race and ethnicity. Students may choose to do both AASM and Community Groups.
We believe that we were all intended to live life in community with one another, and that everyone needs someone walking alongside them in a mentoring relationship. In Side-by-Side, students are paired with an adult mentor who is there to connect one-on-one as an encouragement, support, and listening ear. The time together each month can look different depending on what the student is looking for and each pairs’ preference for activities and connection. This might look like meeting up to chat over coffee, discussing a book together, going for a walk and talking about life, doing a Bible study, doing a fun activity, or a combination of these things.
High School //
Resources & Tools
- Growing With | Steven Argue & Kara Powell
- Spiritual Parenting | Michelle Anthony
- Parenting Your Adult Child | Ross Campbell & Gary Chapman
- Parenting Beyond Your Capacity | Reggie Joiner & Carey Nieuwhof
- Grace-Based Parenting | Tim Kimmel
- Right Click: Parenting Your Teenager in a Digital Media World | Art Bamford, Brad Griffin, & Kara Powell
- Parents’ Guide to Talking About Pornography | Blackhawk Student Ministry
- Parents’ Guide to Talking About Mental Health | Fuller Youth Institute
- Strategies for Facing Down Online Danger | Fuller Youth Institute
- Setting Screentime Boundaries Together | Fuller Youth Institute
- Request for App (RFA) | Fuller Youth Institute